ABOUT

Friday, February 28, 2014

[FLASK] I'm not in a lab. I'm just waiting for ice cream!

I tried the whole unique concept of ice cream, liquid nitrogen ice cream!
Just taking a glance at this ice cream shop, it looks like a lab.
Once you're inside the shop, you feel as if you're in a science lab.
There are three guys wearing lab coats like pharmacists inside the small shop.
They are so busy getting orders and making ice cream. They start to make ice cream upon taking orders. 

I was worried about many people queuing there. However, it was raining then. Only 5-ish people were queuing. I was hesitant to try ice cream because it was raining. There is no table inside where you can sit and have ice cream. There are tiny chairs, though. (3  chairs) I decided to try it because I don't go to Nampo-dong that often. 


There are 4 flavours; milk gelato, strawberry, tiramisu and caramel.(The real names are different... more complicated) They come in 2 sizes; regular and large.
The price ranges from 3500 KRW to 5500 KRW (roughly. I don't remember everything exactly) 

I ordered milk gelato and my friend strawberry.
I got mine faster than my friend's. 


milk gelato flavour : very good. refreshing. soft
strawberry : you can taste the real strawberry in the ice cream itself. It's really good. Excellent.

I wanna try caramel and tiramisu flavours next time :)


This ice cream shop is 'FLASK', located near B&C bakery alley(B&C bakery has been reconstructed in another place, so what I mean is the place where the old B&C used to be)





2 comments:

  1. Hello there. How do i get to this place from Busan? I am a tourist travelling to Seoul then to Busan and would love to try this ice-cream when I am there. Possible to guide me on how to get to the place please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go to GwangBokRo(광복로) first, one or two blocks away from the subway station. Find the KB bank and Prospecs store, and there is an alley between them. (There is only one PROSPECS in Nampo-dong). You will easily be able to find it because people are always waiting in a long line there. It's next to HongIk donkatus(홍익돈가쓰). OR try to find U+SQUARE and Lioeli.

      Delete