ABOUT

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

[Gijang Snow Crabs] Yummy In My Tummy

It's been long holidays in Korea so far. 
Monday-Children's Day
Tuesday-Buddha's Birthday
following the weekend! 
What a coincidence!
(I don't feel it's that special because I don't go to university or work. Anyway, holidays are always nice, right? :))
Also, it's Parents' Day on Thursday, which is May 8th.
Celebrating this in advance, we had family eating out today with relatives.(uncles, aunts, cousins, and grandma)
The very basic and main course, snow crabs.
Before they are served, some side dishes, which can be called Entree, are served. Entree is composed of several dishes including some salads, corns, soy sauce with onions and so on, which I did not take pictures of.
Anyway, the most important and core thing is this main one, snow crabs!
They're full of flesh, and very fresh right from water tank. They're steamed as soon as we order them. My cousins and I were so busy eating them we barely talked! haha
It's lobster, which we ate after snow crabs. I guess it's my first time to try this one? Anyway, its texture was a bit tougher than snow crabs. My cousin said that its texture is like eraser. Another cousin said it's like between fish and snow crabs, which I really agreed on.
I liked snow crabs more, personally.
OMG! It was my favourite today! 
In Korea, when you go to crab restaurants like this, the finale is rice mixed with soy sauce, sesame oil and a dried laver, which is Gim in Korean, so called black seaweed( I am not sure of what it's really called in English exactly, sorry) in a crab shell.
As we were so busy eating more snow crabs while uncles and aunts having the mixed rice which I mentioned just above, we jumped into this one in the picture above. The rice was kinda fried. I LOVED IT! I was already full, but kept eating and eating with kimchi.
This is the restaurant where my family visited today. 
Its name is 서생원조 대게도매 in Korean.
(Seo-Seng-Won-Jo-Dae-Gae-Do-Mae)
I don't know how much it costs exactly because it was family visit and I did not pay.
However, you can guess it can't be cheap.
I was happy eating amazingly delicious crabs with relatives, which I would not dare to eat with friends =)
It's in Gijang, which is a bit farther away from Haeundae and Songjeong.
It's also famous for seafood and sea. As it's far, it's convenient to drive instead of taking buses or taxi.
Oh, this restaurant got spacious parking lot, which parents were very satisfied with.

No comments:

Post a Comment